Marty[_2_] Marty[_2_] is offline

Default steel hulls?

Jim wrote:

I never understood the top versus bottom posting controversy.

Even though I post at the bottom, I like top posting better because I
don't need to sift through all the messages to find the latest like you
do if the reply is at the bottom.

Jim, you're not supposed to "sift through all the messages", the poster
is supposed to cut the irrelevant bits and leave only the parts relevant
to his reply. It's like many guidelines/rules; a single rule out of
context may make no sense. Posting rules stem from day's of limited
bandwidth, but also lead to succinctness and clarity.

Cheers
Marty