Bryan B

Default Hi Amp breaker alternatives?

12 volt? That might be why I thought it seemed high.

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
According to the catalog a B44 needs 100 amps. OTOH, the wattage is
rated at 600 which would indicate a somewhat lower amperage draw. It
may be to handle the starting surge but breakers like this are designed
to take 3 or 4 times the trip load for a second or two.

Bryan B wrote:
Glenn,

Boat US has been selling Blue Seas Breakers at a considerable discount

~$25,
or you might fuse and add an on/off.

Why so high an amperage? We use Harkens electric winches also but I

don't
think our breakers are more than 50-75 amp.

Bryan

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message

I did too. Only mine are all T-1s and all are installed already. :-(

Hopefully replacing them will not be much of a hassle. I hate wrassling
with anything bigger than #2.

Steve wrote:

I have been using the Blue Seas Panel mount hi amp breakers for anchor
windlass and on the cabling between my battery banks. Total of 4.

I'm very happy with all of the Blue Sea Sytems products. I also use

their Hi

Amp inline fuses and holders.

BTW. They seem to stay on top of their quality control. I just recieved

recall notice on their T-1 circuit breakers (not the style I have).

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com