Ron Magen

Default Water Line - Paint or Tape?

FWIW -
We applied a 'strip' of 1 inch RED 'Automotive Trim Tape' as a 'Boot Top' to
the hull of our WWP-19. So far it has lasted about 5 years; in the water,
annual pressure washes, and winters on the trailer.

Several minor 'chips & tears' on the edges, but TIGHT throughout. I would
say use 4 or 5 slightly overlapping 'wraps' to get the taller Boot Top. They
should hold, I did the same thing in BLUE to a white inflatable buoy for my
required mooring marker. In addition, sometimes a 'theoretical' line doesn't
work - visually. This way, you can apply the Boot Top incrementally - until
it 'looks right' to YOU.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop
PS: give it a bit of upward 'sweep' at the bow & stern, rather than
geometrically straight along the 'line'. Just works better to the eye . . .
at least for sailboats.

"Tony Abbott" wrote in message
What kind of paint or tape does one use to apply the waterline? I've used
the Interlux thus far and want to add a 4"-6" water line. Suggestions?

Thanks...