Gilberto Karalus

Default WORMS!!!

I knew it was a virus but my Norton didn't detect it. I copy the file to a
test computer and the Norton there didn't detected it neither.( Corporate
edition version 8 UP TO DATE IN THE DEFINITIONS)
At the beginning I didn't notice what it was doing, until the second reboot
when the norton crashed, for the next days I received the mail errors.
I cleaned the machine following some instructions before doing the Symantec
fix and the fix didn't deleted all the virus files and scanned the computer
again and the norton didn't detected it ( I knew there was a file with the
virus) Used the "Panda antivirus" online and it found the file and deleted
it. Then installed ZoneAlarm and that program renames the virus file before
getting in to my inbox.

thunder wrote:

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:02:27 -0400, Glenn Ashmore wrote:

I check webmain every hour or so and add people I know as I find them.
A real PITA but better than nothing. Hopefully the ISPs will wake up
some day this week and realize what is happening.

I don't know if this will be a help to you, but I'm using Mailfilter to
delete unwanted trash before downloading. It's a *nix program, but
reportedly works with Windows, although I can't say how easily. It saved
me. My poor dial-up was barely keeping up with the onslaught.

http://mailfilter.sourceforge.net/