Paul Cassel Paul Cassel is offline

Default steel hulls?

ray lunder wrote:
Anyone owned a steel hulled sailboat in the 40 foot range and have
some advice on what to look for when buying one? Thanks as always.

I've seen some power boats less than 50' which are steel, but not, IIRC,
sailboats. Anyway, I helped in a survey of a steel hulled boat mostly to
learn what there is to learn about them. The surveyor had a great deal
of experience with these. Mostly I learned that if I ever bought one,
I'd insist that the survey be done by a surveyor with specific steel
hull experience.

-paul