Martin Baxter Martin Baxter is offline

Default Depth Sounder on the blink

wrote:
On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 23:35:29 -0500, Marty wrote:

wrote:
NASA spent a bazillion bucks trying to find a suitable adhesive for the
heat shield tiles on the shuttle, ended up using good ol' silicone, (RTV
if you want to sound tech savvy).

Cheers
Marty
Adhesive Bond Used on Columbia Space Shuttle Known to be Less Heat
Resistant, Says UB Materials Engineer

[snip PHD's pontificating]

Some days I wonder if they hand out PHDs with cornflakes.

I dunno. At least he didn't use the term "bazillion bucks"

When did you lose your sense of humor?

Cheers
Marty
For a quality usenet news server, try DNEWS, easy to install,
fast, efficient and reliable. For home servers or carrier class
installations with millions of users it will allow you to grow!
---- See
http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dnews.htm ----