posted to rec.boats.electronics
Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default NMEA and SeaTalk on same network

Larry wrote in news:Xns9A57F1F4BD1A0noonehomecom@
208.49.80.253:

Geoff Schultz wrote in
:

This
also partially explains my waterline loss...

Fess up...How many tool boxes are there?

There's only 1 main tool box, but lots of specialized tool kits which are
spread between various storage locations. In general I'm never wanting for
a tool. I'd guess that the main tool area is 6 sq feet and the alternate
main area is 12 sq feet, but that also contains parts. I think that the
"problem" is that the tool count only grows, it never shinks. We've had
many people call us the BlueJacket hardware store. But when you're in the
middle of nowhere and something needs repair, you need to have the tools on
board.

One of the key things that we've done is to place all of our stores into an
Access database that I designed. While it doesn't include the daily use
tools, it does include the ones that are rarely used. The database
contains over 1400 items and there are 66 storage locations defined. We're
very good at keeping the database up to date, so when we need a tool, part,
food item, etc, we can quickly lay our hands on it. I can't imagine life
without it.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org