Backyard Renegade

Default Ply stability.

"Matt/Meribeth Pedersen" wrote in message link.net...
How about coating it with epoxy? You could do that even before you start
cutting the panels (it's easier that way). Of course, that assumes you're
planning on using an epoxy coating........

Not a suitable solution. We have this arguement all the time on the
group but epoxy is not waterproof, it is very water resistant but not
waterproof.. Some will say that it indeed is if you put down several
coats and cover with varnish or paint, I will give them that but you
don't want to apply a finish to boat parts until it is done as you
will always find yourself resanding and doing it over later anyway.
Soooo.... putting a surface coat or thin coat to keep moisture out
will be uneffective in this case, moisture will get into the plys. I
think what this guy is worried about, and he should be, is the edges
warping and disfiguring, thats why I suggested temporary thin battens
along the edges until he is ready to stitch to the next panel on the
hull. Kind of like a seam batten boat.
Scotty from SmallBoats.com

"Patrick" wrote in message

I want to put together a stitch and glue boat. But cant afford to get all
the marine ply at once.
If I start stitching the hull together, is it going to warp in the damp
British Autumn air, if I cant put the bulkheads in and glue it for a few
months.
I,ll be building it in an open barn.
Any ideas Patrick.