D MacPherson

Default Electric Propulsion

John:

Let me think about it for a bit. Can you define "BUNCH" for me? How to
approach this will depend to a certain extent on the potential numbers
involved (i.e., one-off vs production).

Regards,

Don

"John R Weiss" wrote in message
"D MacPherson" wrote...

(As an aside, we designed a custom prop for one of the mid-90's AC
syndicates to use in side-by-side testing. They wanted to match drag

figures
as closely as possible, so they were looking to add some 30-35 lbs

thrust to
one hull. The existing trolling motor props lost all of their thrust as

boat
speed increased, so we did a prop with much higher pitch to get a better
speed-rpm-pitch match where they needed to be. Who knows, there might be

nice market for replacement props with higher pitch for small boats.)

YES! There is definitely a small but viable market! There are a BUNCH of

us
with 21' SeaPearl sailboats who use various electric motors as

auxiliaries. I
am almost positive I could get significantly more speed with a

higher-pitched
prop, but have found nobody who makes one. Any chance of getting one made

for a
MinnKota EX42 for a trial?