Backyard Renegade

Default Ply stability.

"Patrick" wrote in message ...
I want to put together a stitch and glue boat. But cant afford to get all
the marine ply at once.
If I start stitching the hull together, is it going to warp in the damp
British Autumn air, if I cant put the bulkheads in and glue it for a few
months.
I,ll be building it in an open barn.
Any ideas Patrick.

Technically, you should not have problems if it is properly
ventilated... and it used to be that way with the Joubert plywood I
used to get. Unfortunately, there is a lot of difference even in
BS1088 from manufacturer to manufacturer. The best stuff I used to get
was made in France, and the local buyers won't buy it anymore. Now we
have this stuff from Morocco and it checks, seems more brittle, and
has lousy color too. Anyway, to your question... You could tack some
temporary battens into the parts to hold the shape, especially on the
edges, or just not cut till you have all the wood if it is a smaller
project. Either way, you will be better to give it light and
ventilation in the barn, just not direct rain.
Scotty