Larry Larry is offline

Default Emissions Testing

Gordon wrote in news:13smeld6t3hrl88
@corp.supernews.com:

It's 67F in Charleston. Global Warm me another 10 degrees,
please....thanks.

Hell, that's middle of the summer here!
Gordon

When I call back to my hometown on Owasco Lake in upstate NY, I always
ask, "What day was Summer last year?"....(c;

I never realized how miserable upstate NY was until the Navy sent me to
Charleston. We just accepted the cold and rain and slush and snow up to
your ass as "normal". I tell everyone here it's a great place to be
FROM.

It's pretty in the fall when the leaves get that first blast of Canada
Dry....if you're a VISITOR.

When my parents got old in Orangeburg, SC, where Smith-Corona
transferred my dad down from Groton, NY, in the same freezing valley as
Moravia, from SCM's Groton sweatshop, they had this crazy idea to move
"back home" to be near my Grandmother, instead of her having to come to
SC for the winter. It was a terrible mistake, of course, and they all
like to froze to death wintering over. They moved back the following
Spring and would get mad at me if I brought up the whole scheme, which
was kinda fun for a few years afterwards when some other scatterbrained
idea entered their drifting minds.

Everybody's gone, now and my mind is the one that's drifting.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moravia...29%2C_New_York

We Moravians always feel guilty and apologize for the rotten President
Fillmore and one of the biggest *******s ever to come out of the town,
John D Rockefeller, who starved millions for money. I don't know why
Wikipedia makes so much of either of them. The state punishes us by
naming roads and the state park after them so we don't forget our sordid
past.....

It really WAS a nice place to grow up as a kid before the greedy
politicians let the state buy a farm and turn it into a PRISON CAMP for
career criminals.....

Idiots.....

The rich people on the lake had 40hp Scott-A****ers or 50hp Kiekauffer
Mercury outboards. My grandfather had a Scott. It spent most of its
time in the shop trying to figure out how to get such a simple motor to
run more than 5 hours MTBF.