Jacques Mertens

Default Narrow hull speed question

Thanks.
It looks like they use all kind of boats. I would love to know which ones
can sail around the island in two hours. There a few narrow things in there
that look like kayaks crossed with one of those James Bond thai boats . . .
weird but apparently efficient.
Is the Heineken umbrella used as a spi downwind?

If I took my Scilly Gig and redesigned her with an almost straight run aft
from midship plus a square stern, then lowered freeboard a bit, add a
sailboard skeg, we may have something. Would use foam sandwich with a thin
skin. I am tempted to try. With the current price of gas, going close to 20
knots with a 6 HP is very attractive.

--
Jacques
http://www.bateau.com

"Paul R. LaBrie" wrote in message
Hi Jacques,

Try http://www.geocities.com/seagullrace2001/Pictures.html

- paul

Jacques Mertens wrote:
Does anybody knows of a link to pictures of those boats?

--
Jacques
http://www.bateau.com

"Chris Crandall" wrote in message

gren ) wrote:
: Because the engines are only 2-5 hp overtime they have developed a

boat

that

: is very slender and amazingly fast. The boats are designed to race a

42

mile

: ocean course around bermuda in some faily rough conditions with a crew

of

: two and a cooler of beer. Some of them reach speeds of 7-10 knots.

If I read this one correctly:

: http://www.bermudasun.bm/archives/2002-06-28/06Sports09

someone rounded the 42 mile course in 2 hours, 36 minutes, which is much
better than 10 knots.