Steve Lusardi

Default info needed on refurbishing aluminum housings, casings, covers and structural members too.....

I suggest powdercoat is the best way, but powdercoat and paint do not like
sharp edges. All edges must be radiused. Any break in the surface treatment
will allow water to corrode the aluminum and the corrosion will lift the
coating. Pay close attention to holes for fasteners. They must be bedded
with a sealant. If you cannot do this, use stainless or bronze.
Steve

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
There are many aluminum components on my fiberglass sailboat such as
windvane components, electrical housings, mounting brackets, etc.; some
of which are of substantial thickness and size.

I'd like to improve their appearance and durability in a marine

environment.

What works and looks good too ?

Thank you.
--