Mike[_6_] Mike[_6_] is offline

Default Well, I wonder how the Vazer is turning out?

And it's rated at 100 hp. OK, for a 4 stroke inboard, that's
really not much. But if the HP rating is the same as an automotive
rating, that's a pretty good performance ratio. 100 HP from a 1600cc
engine.

I have a pair of 1052cc 4 stroke inboards rated at 160hp each. 100hp from a
1600cc engine doesn't sound too good to me.

--Mike

"Tim" wrote in message
On Feb 29, 8:58 pm, "ottertailfamily"
wrote:
I don't understand the point, they aren't that much shorter than the 130hp
3.0l that performs much better. They aren't cheap, they do have the closed
cooling system that allows a heater, just like a car. Seems like an answer
to a question nobody asked.
tad

"Tim" wrote in message

http://www.marineenginedigest.com/sp...uiservazer.htm

they've been out about a year, but I've never seen one yet.

haven't heard of anyone owning one either...- Hide quoted text -

agreed. And it's rated at 100 hp. OK, for a 4 stroke inboard, that's
really not much. But if the HP rating is the same as an automotive
rating, that's a pretty good performance ratio. 100 HP from a 1600cc
engine. But come to think of it. Yes, the 120145 HP 3.0L is a great
bang for what it is.good torque for small package. Something does eem
a bit wierd about this 1.6, though.