Jacques Mertens

Default UK Supplier of Fiberglass panels

"Terry Spragg" wrote in message

If, after glassing the outside, you glass the inside too, you
would have a foam sandwich construction with floatation core, and
would need to incorperate some connection system to bind the 2
layers of glass together, unless you trust it to adhere strongly
to the foam while sloughing off 10 tons of lumpy seawater while
the loose elephant cargo below makes a break for Freedom and
Africa?

Dream on.

? New to me . . . I'm glad I didn't sink during those ocean crossings
because my boat did not have any of those "connections" between the skins.
Maybe we should warn all those yards, builders and designers of foam
sandwich hulls.