Jacques Mertens

Default UK Supplier of Fiberglass panels

That is a coincidence but here is another one: we are working on a foam
sandwich version of the VG23.
Already, as designed you could build her that way but I am working on a set
of scantlings.

--
Jacques
http://www.bateau.com

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
Hi Jacques

You are right. I meant planks, but got the subject title wrong.

Interestingly enough, your Vagabond 23 is my primary interest at the
moment, and probably the boat that I will go for. The build will have
to wait until after Christmas to allow the weather to warm a little as
I will be building primarily outside within a small covered area.

My interest was momentarily grabbed by the thought of fiberglass
planks, but if there is no supplier in the UK, I will rule this out on
cost grounds.

Many thanks,
Mark

"Jacques Mertens" wrote in message

.. .
Could that be C-Flex? I don't think they use panels.
For C-Flex, find a company named Seamann. They have an agent in Holland,
don't know about the UK.

--
Jacques
http://www.bateau.com

"Mark" wrote in message
m...
Hello,

I am in the throws of deciding on a sailing cruiser to build and
perhaps more importantly which method of construction that I plan to
use prior to ordering plans.

Currently my preferences are either stitch and glue (as I have done
this before) or cedar strip (which looks like an interesting
challenge), but recently I have been looking at the
http://www.glen-l.com/ website where many of their plans require the
craft to be built from Fiberglass planking. So as to consider this
method of construction is anyone aware of suppliers of such planking
in the UK?

Many thanks,
Mark