Larry

Default Surface Drive Project

Go he http://www.howardarneson.com

Howard knows more about surface drives than most of us will ever know.

wrote in message
I am currently in the early stages of designing/building a 20' V-hull
with a fixed shaft type surface piercing drive. Power will be provided
by a standard inboard type transmission mated to a 330hp. V8 gas engine.
Does anyone have any experience with surface piercing drives good or
bad? If so, please share any information that could be useful or
possibly help avoid a failure/problem situation. I know that the props
are a major cost, and can be difficult to select. Any help appreciated.
Thanks. Tom.