Dave W

Default newbie wants to suspend boat

Working under a boat while it is hanging from a home made rig is a very
efficient way to get badly hurt. Better to support the boat from below!
"Chris Hunt" wrote in message
Hi all,
I just purchased my first boat: a Santana 21' fiberglass sailboat. It's
in generally good shape but I'd like to repaint the bottom this winter
since the old paint is flaking. I'd like to suspend it over the winter
so I can paint the whole bottom and fix up the trailer but I have some
questions on how to suspend the boat safely.
There are three hard-points or lift-eyes: one port and one starboard in
the center of the fore-aft plane and also one by the transom in the. I
am guessing the boat is approx. 1700 lbs. Would these three eye hooks
be enough to hold it suspended for a few months or are they there just
for temporary usage? or some other purpose all together? Any ideas opr
suggestions would be most helpful...

Chris Hunt
Grays Harbor WA