William R. Watt

Default Building Skin-on-Frame Boats

skin on frame is labour intensive due to the many small parts.
the boat will not be a durable as plywood but will be much lighter.
www.gaboats.com is a skin-on-frame site. boat weights are listed.

"Lefty" ) writes:
I borrowed the book with this title (title of the thread)
from my cousin. It was written by Robert Morris of the
Brewery Creek Small Boat Shop. I wonder if any of you
have built using this book, or would recommend another
as an alternative or supplement?

I had thought of building a stitch-and-glue kayak kit as
my fist boatbuilding project, but now I'm leaning this
way. The anotomical design rules (based on hip width,
armspan, etc.) appeal to me (and will make a fast boat
for my 6' skinny self ;-), and I'm not sure I want to do
a lot of fiberglass work anyway.

Comments?

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm