Red Red is offline

Default Roll Pitch & Comfort

Tom wrote:
Sorry I went ballistic over all this.

Ha! Going ballistic seems to be something most of us here do at least
once in awhile (I'm guilty), so no prob.

It is great to be talking boats
again in the group and I appreciate your post. Obviously, I don't
think the CR has any value at all, but I'm certainly not an expert
either. I'll Let Roger speak for himself, but he's selling boats that
would rate miserably on the Brewer CR

I would welcome Roger's further enlightenment on this subject.

Do keep in mind that Brewer is selling boats designs that are more
expensive to build, slower and have less usable interior space than
they typical mass market boats. It happens that the only generally
used metric that they rate well on is the one he made up... And, while
I actually like many of his designs a lot I'm waiting to see some
empirical support for his CR before I give it any weight at all...

-- Tom.

I understand. What I have seen though, are ratings that Brwewer himself
has done on numerous boat designs other than his own, and he still finds
the CR to be useful for comparison in those cases - not comparisons
*against his own designs*, but against similar boats for similar usage
regardless of who designed either of them.

Red