[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default Roll Pitch & Comfort

On Feb 28, 5:05 pm, Red wrote:
Hi Tom,
...So while I agree that there may, or may not be, hard "science" behind it
(and I admit I wouldn't know), it seems useful as a comparison when
looking at similar type boats for a given usage. And it seems to agree
with the descriptions and discussions that were put forth in that
earlier thread by Roger Long and others. ...

Hi Red,

Sorry I went ballistic over all this. It is great to be talking boats
again in the group and I appreciate your post. Obviously, I don't
think the CR has any value at all, but I'm certainly not an expert
either. I'll Let Roger speak for himself, but he's selling boats that
would rate miserably on the Brewer CR (because they have lightly
loaded water planes) and has written a paper on their seakindliness.
Do keep in mind that Brewer is selling boats designs that are more
expensive to build, slower and have less usable interior space than
they typical mass market boats. It happens that the only generally
used metric that they rate well on is the one he made up... And, while
I actually like many of his designs a lot I'm waiting to see some
empirical support for his CR before I give it any weight at all...

-- Tom.