Gregg

Default Old growth Cyprus

Thanks for the tip - I'll run out and get the magazine
"Tom or Barb" wrote in message

"Tom or Barb" wrote in message

"Gregg" wrote in message
t...
I've been lurking around this news group for awhile and gained quite a

bit
of good information that helped me build my first boat.
There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people here so I thought this

might
be a good place to post this question.
I have a friend who purchased a building with old food processing

tanks
(1920's) made from Cyprus.
The Cyprus boards are 12-13' long 6-10" wide and 2"-2.5" thick and

perfectly
clear.
He has about 50,000 board feet and would like to sell it. I was

looking
for
any suggestions on where he could start (other than e-bay) and what

the
(ball park) asking price should be.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Gregg

Was reading This Old House magazine in the doctor's office this

morning;
and there was an article about a man (company) who travels all over the
world buying up old lumber (including old wine casks) to re-process into
flooring for houses. Unfortunately, I didn't notice if the magazine was
this month's issue. It shouldn't be hard to find that info, however.

Saw the September issure of "This Old House" magazine at Wal-Mart,

tonight, and that is the issue the story is in.