Phil Abuster Phil Abuster is offline

Default For Larry's eyes only!

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message

If the world was on the gold standard there wouldn't be enough gold
produced to support the world's commerce.

This is so true. We all experience this phenomena everyday. There just
aren't enough hours in a day to accomplish everything. We should go off the
time standard and lengthen the day to perhaps two or three full rotations of
the planet so we can accomplish what we want in one day. As we have more and
more to do, the days could be lengthened even more. The very idea of
immutable standards is for the birds. Just think of the boon to employers as
productivity ever increases and the "real" rate of wage payment goes down.
Countries could set their own clock rates to suit their own needs. Economic
activity could be adjusted just by setting the rate of the clocks. Economic
output a bit low? Slow the clock down! Economy overheating? Speed the clock
up! Wunderbar!