BAR BAR is offline

Default $100.88

wrote:
On Feb 28, 6:41 am, BAR wrote:
Chuck Gould wrote:
On Feb 27, 5:05�pm, "Sam" wrote:
While I think it already is a free and competitive market, what changes
would you propose?- Hide quoted text -
The same measures that were taken against other vertically integrated
oligarchies in the past. Power, phone, water, etc.

[ Big Snip ]

You want prices controls and regulation.

Why don't we limit profit to 1% on everything. One percent profit should
be enough shouldn't it?

Why do you believe in a free market when it comes to selling boats and
cars but not when it comes to selling oil.

What I want to know is why is gasoline at the pump so cheap compared to
the cost of a bbl of crude? When oil was $50 a bbl we were paying $3 per
gallon of gas and now that oil is $100 a bbl we are still paying $3 per
gallon. Why?

I wouldn't mind the profit aspect of big oil if it weren't for the
billions of dollars that the government gives to big oil in subsidies
and tax breaks.

Tax breaks and subsidies are used by government control behavior. Your
behavior and that of the big oil companies it is all the same.

The fact that big oil gets subsidies and still has a 10% profit is
something to look at. Why isn't the profit more if the government is
subsidizing the big oil companies?

The guy who runs the bakery down the street gets tax breaks to purchase
new equipment every three years. Is this good or bad for the US economy?