D.Duck[_2_] D.Duck[_2_] is offline

Default $100.88

"BAR" wrote in message
Chuck Gould wrote:
On Feb 27, 5:05?pm, "Sam" wrote:

While I think it already is a free and competitive market, what changes
would you propose?- Hide quoted text -

The same measures that were taken against other vertically integrated
oligarchies in the past. Power, phone, water, etc.

[ Big Snip ]

You want prices controls and regulation.

Why don't we limit profit to 1% on everything. One percent profit should
be enough shouldn't it?

Why do you believe in a free market when it comes to selling boats and
cars but not when it comes to selling oil.

What I want to know is why is gasoline at the pump so cheap compared to
the cost of a bbl of crude? When oil was $50 a bbl we were paying $3 per
gallon of gas and now that oil is $100 a bbl we are still paying $3 per
gallon. Why?

I think you're a little off on the price of gas vs. crude. AT $50/bbl crude
gas was in the $2.00 area. The two don't track one for one and I believe a
lot of the differential is conjured up in the trading pits.