[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default $100.88

On Feb 27, 1:11*pm, "JimH" wrote:
wrote in message

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 08:12:53 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould
wrote:

The challenge for boaters who don't care and say, "We can afford to
pay for fuel, regardless of the cost", will be the disappearing
infrastructure.

I suspect this will result in even higher prices for fuel "on the
water" if they can't sustain the volume necessary to absorb the fixed
costs of maintaing fueling facillities. More people will be sneaking
jerry cans into the marina too.
I am sure happy I went down a notch on my last repower. I like being
able to putt around at a gallon an hour or so. I am not sure how those
guys with the V-8s do it but I have noticed they are not doing it as
often. The 250HP Shearwater flats boat that I used to see blasting by
me every evening flat out, is now only coming by about once a week and
at a more conservative speed. He has his wife with him these days too.

We would have had a hard time selling our 32 footer if we had it on the
market with these gasoline prices...........especially since they have not
topped out yet. *She held 180 gallons of fuel or $700+ to fill her up at
today's fuel dock prices. *I know there are plenty of similarly boats out
there with even larger tanks.

The size of the tank means absolutely nothing.