[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default Powerboat trip from Grand Bahama to Florida

On Feb 26, 9:33 am, AdisonGrio wrote:
... In straight
line, from Freeport to West Palm Beach there are approx. 90 miles so
with a 30 mph cruising speed...

Are you sure? I think it's more like 75 nautical miles.

I don't know why all the boat vendors
give the crusing speed in mph instead of knots...

'Cause they're shorter. Sometimes I think some vendors "confuse"
kilometers with miles too.

I don't have any local knowledge of the area. FWIW, the route is in
the area of variables so you ought to be able to find a chunk of light
wind to make the crossing if you are willing to wait a bit. If the
wind is blowing against the stream don't go. Generally thermal
breezes are lightest just before dawn, so an early start going and a
very early start returning might be worth considering.

-- Tom.