basskisser

Default How big a boat can be launched at a boat ramp?

"Tony V" wrote in message news:iPs3b.285421$o%2.132062@sccrnsc02...
I know the exact answer depends on ramp angle, height
of waterline above grade and tow vehicle height,
but I was wondering in general, just how big a boat can be
launched without dangerously submerging the tow vehicle.

What's your experience?

Tony V

I watched as a local manufacturer of house boats launched a 90' one,
brand new, from a small one lane army corp of engineer's boat ramp on
Lake Lanier. The water was down about 8 feet, and ramps were getting
pretty dangerous. I thought, I've GOT to watch this. I launched my
boat, then waited, watching.
The semi got lined up with the ramp, got JUST to the water's edge,
unstrapped the houseboat, then backed up about 8 feet, hit the brakes,
and the thing slide off so nicely I was amazed! Nice and slow, barely
a splash!