posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] PhantMan@nospam.invalid is offline

Default Engine mount Minn Kota trolling motors.

Frankly, right side up looks upside down to me lol!
And it seems to me that mounting it per Minn Kota's instructions would
mean mounting it on the cavitation plate of an outboard or sterndrive,
which you, obviously, aren't going to do.
So as long as you're winging it anyway, I don't know why upside down
should present a problem.

Dayem, that thing is expensive. But you're set on that arrangement,
huh? If it were me, I'd be lookin' at a transom mounted trolling
motor. I don't really see what you are going to gain with all the
alteration and expense you're contemplating.

Rick

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:07:13 -0800 (PST), wrote:
I apologize if I used the wrong term. Yes, the rudder is what I mean.
I've always wrongly called it a tiller. Anyway, do you see any
problems with mounting the motor upside down??? Minn Kota said they
only indorse mounting it per the instructions.

Bob

On Feb 25, 1:37*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 08, doublesb wrote:
I'm thinking of using the RT80EM
mounted to a tiller attached to my Bank Dory.

I've been following this thread but I've been confused from the start.
Are you maybe using the term "tiller" when you actually mean "rudder"?
A "tiller" is simply a handle. Aka, "stick".
I can't quite picture how you can attach a RT80EM to a "tiller".
A "rudder" yes... a "tiller" no.
Or maybe I'm just missing something *-shrug-

Rick