posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] doublesb@hotmail.com is offline

Default Engine mount Minn Kota trolling motors.

I apologize if I used the wrong term. Yes, the rudder is what I mean.
I've always wrongly called it a tiller. Anyway, do you see any
problems with mounting the motor upside down??? Minn Kota said they
only indorse mounting it per the instructions.

Bob

On Feb 25, 1:37*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 08, doublesb wrote:
I'm thinking of using the RT80EM
mounted to a tiller attached to my Bank Dory.

I've been following this thread but I've been confused from the start.
Are you maybe using the term "tiller" when you actually mean "rudder"?
A "tiller" is simply a handle. Aka, "stick".
I can't quite picture how you can attach a RT80EM to a "tiller".
A "rudder" yes... a "tiller" no.
Or maybe I'm just missing something *-shrug-

Rick