William R. Watt

Default engine

There is a chemical you add to the oil, idle the engine for a few minutes,
then change the oil and filtre. I used it to remove carbon build up on one
of the valves in my car. I measured the cylinder compression before and
after the chemical treatment and it evened out the compression on all 4
cylinders. I bought the chemical at Canadian Tire, a discount auto chain
store.

There is another chemical you add to the fuel but it had no effect on the
gummed valve on my car.

A good source of information on engine problems is the rec.autos.tech
newsgroup.

Dazed and Confuzed ) writes:
Michael Schirmer Nielsen wrote:

I have a valve that is stock , can i losen it easely
its a mercruiser 120hp from 1978

thanks

stuck open or stuck closed?

--
I'd rather put more life in my days than put more days in my life......

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm