Harry Krause

Default How big a boat can be launched at a boat ramp?

Rick & Linda Bernard wrote:
I have launched a 29' sail boat (3500#) via a ramp. I used a Ford Bronco
with 4W drive. The trailer had a tongue extender (part of the trailer) and
I used a 3' hitch extender. Had to get the trailer deep because with the
keel up the boat drew 3.5' or so.

"Tony V" wrote in message
I know the exact answer depends on ramp angle, height
of waterline above grade and tow vehicle height,
but I was wondering in general, just how big a boat can be
launched without dangerously submerging the tow vehicle.

What's your experience?

Tony V

I regularly see 35' triple outboard type boats being launched from one
of three different ramps in my area, at Sandy Point, Breezy Point and at
Solomons, MD. These are not deep draft boats, though. I've seen 34-40'
deep keel lobster boats launched from ramps. Depends on the particulars.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.