[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default Dingy

On Feb 23, 4:33 am, wrote:
... Umm... Having owned both, I can say that the Porta-Bote is every bit as
seaworthy, has more useful room for a given size boat, has a drier ride, can be
rowed easily in a straight line, sailed or motored while full of water without
capsizing, and planes with a very small lightweight motor. Mine eagerly jumps up
on top of the water with a 3.5 HP motor that weighs 29 pounds. I never have to
tow it, because I can hand launch and retrieve it without a hoist, and it folds
up flat in a few minutes to be lashed to the lifelines.

It costs half what a blow up boat costs, and of course the motor costs a
fraction of what is required for a RIB to perform as well. I don't need a patch
kit, either.

You certainly make them sound nice. What are their disadvantages?
How do they work as a dive boats? Can you run them ashore in the
surf? Can you self-recuse one that's full of water?

-- Tom.