posted to rec.boats.building
Dan Dan is offline

Default Battery Box

I guess I should have stated that this is a sailboat. It's a Catalina
c25. Where the battery is located, I don't think it will fit in a
battery box. There is only about 1/2" clearance over the tops of the
terminals. I have to connect the pos. terminal, then slide the battery
half way under the deck, then connect the negative terminal then slide
the battery into the tray and clamp it down. I would really have to
work at contacting the positive terminal with anything. Its dam near
impossible to see the terminal without lying down and performing some
contortionist maneuvers.