Charles Cox

Default Be careful out there

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 03:16:39 GMT, "John Gaquin" wrote:

"Charles Cox" wrote in message

It's happened to me a couple of times in Boston harbor. Not military

ships, but a cruise ship and LNG tanker both had security
zones around them. Since there is no warning on the VHF,

I can't address the cruise ships, but when those LNG tankers are moving in
Boston Harbor everybody in the world is notified. Twice. For days in
advance, and while moving. Those LNGs don't sneak up on anyone.

Not any more. They used to announce it in advance but for security it is kept secret now. Our sailing club used to let us know if
it was scheduled to move, but not any more. I monitor 16 whenever I'm out and there are no announcements. All communication in
regard to security is done via bullhorn.

--
Chuck Cox
SynchroSystems Motorsport Computers

http://www.synchro.com