[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default Dingy

On Feb 22, 12:52 pm, Geoff Schultz wrote:
... I was speaking of the shape of the hull. With a single hull you have to
deal with the floor being in the V shape of the hull. With a double hull
the flooring is flat, which is much nicer to get in and out of. ...

Quite. There are a couple of advantages to having a deck. It can be
flat, it keeps things dry and it makes the boat stiffer. Weight and
restricted access are the only downsides I can think of. However, at
least on my single skin boat, the deadrise angle is so shallow aft
that it is not at all unpleasant to sit or stand on and the addition
of the tiles makes it reasonably dry. Dingies are just boats. They
are exercises in compromise and there is no universal best.

-- Tom.