Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default What is cruising?

I'd trim it down to:

On 2008-02-21 21:29:25 -0500, "Roger Long" said:

If you go out in a boat and are in "The journey is the destination." mode.

It's more an attitude than anything measurable. For instance, when we
did some of the ICW for a couple of weeks, we met some rushing to get
to the next spot, rushing to "complete" the trip. We moved when we
wanted, stopped (or stayed) when we wanted, and generally arrived
relaxed at the next anchorage

-- where we joined most of the harried "rushers" of the previous day.

But even on daysails, the idea holds. One blustery day, the most
respected cruiser on the dock wandered past and remarked at how unusual
it was for him to see us at the dock. When I said "We know we *could*
handle that slop, but *why*?", he said "That's the cruising spirit."

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD