[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default Gas Tank Question?

On Feb 21, 8:36*am, wrote:
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 05:17:41 -0800 (PST), wrote:
On Feb 21, 12:04*am, "Dick" wrote:
I purchased a plastic 3 gal tank that doesn't have the fitting for the fuel
line. Before I thread the fitting into the tank, what do I use for a sealer?
Can I use teflon tape or do I need something else?

Thank you in advance!

Do as Shortwave said and you'll be fine. Again, don't use too much.
Too much and too tight will break the plastic pipe fitting so go easy.
Because of that, I use the paste type of teflon pipe dope for plastic
fittings.

Is it fuel proof?

Fittings on plastic tanks are usually spun welded in place.

Yes, it's fuel proof. What I've seen on all of my portable plastic
tanks is a plastic ell already in the tank. This ell is a female pipe
thread. This receives the proper connector for your type of motor,
Merc, Yam, Evinrude, etc.