fraggy

Default Alternative to teak for cockpit coaming

hi
I replaced my teak rubbing strake with Iroko and got on fine with it, one
side broke but at the scarf joint i put in so i re-glued it with west epoxy
and all was well.
Another mistake i made was drilling 2 fixing holes side by side instead of
staggering them about every 10 inches but did that on the other side.
It helps that i have a huge supply of free rook from the school where I
work ,

fragged

"Over40pirate" wrote in message
I am looking for a recomendation for a type of wood to use to replace the

teak
cockpit coamings on my sailboat.
The widest end is 11" and they are 8' long.
Someone recomended Iroko. Is anyone familiar with this wood, and its
suitability? How does it glue, bend? I will need to bend it silghtly.
Thanks in advance, K