posted to rec.boats.electronics
Mark Mark is offline

Default Land use of marine radios

On Feb 1, 7:01*am, "John Anderson" wrote:
In my area, Lee County, IA, we have coyote hunters using
marine channel 68. In Hancock County IL a similiar use of
marine channel 69 is occurring.

It has also been noted that truckers are using Marine ch 71
and ch. 19A in the Ft Madison IA area.

Indeed. In the deserts east of southern California, Marine VHF
radios are becoming commonplace amongst the off-road vehicles crowd.
One club in Palm Springs actually *requires* them in order to join.
They jump frequencies and never say anything that would identify
themselves, so they know it's not legal.