Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Castro has resigned,,, ok,, how will this effect us.. the sailboat crowd ??

wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:15:23 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:03:46 GMT, "Sir Thomas of Cannondale"
wrote:

It is obvious that change is coming to Cuba. The old Communists are
retiring. Soon,, who knows.

I've flown over Cuba a couple of times. It is a very beautiful island.
And
all that warm, blue sea.

And those harbors! With no marina's!

I would love to sail to Havana. And I'm sure I'm not alone.

From what I've read, there have been boaters going to Cuba for years,
although it is illegal.

Soon it will be legal!

Viva la Cuba .. !!!

What a trip... down the coast, stop at some keys,, a little Key West and
then

Set the sails... we are heading to Havana!

They have Marinas. It is only illegal for US citizens to go there.

Actually, I think it's only illegal to spend money there, assuming you can
get a permit to go there of course.

Then why can the DHS legally seize your boat in waters off of Long
Island if they simply claim you intended to sail to Cuba?

I think they can legally seize your boat anywhere.. but I believe it is now
illegal for citizens to travel to Cuba. Thanks a lot Bush!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com