posted to rec.boats.building
Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default "tent" type dinghy

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 20:47:51 +0100, Heikki wrote:

Here is a simple idea: Add some straps to the fold-out design, and tie your
fenders under them when you use the dinghy. They give at least some
flotation, and may be easily available while your boat is on anchor
somewhere... Probably not living up to the legal requirements in some
places, but might work.

Sufficiet flotation would have obvious safety benefits, but even a
little would make the thing easier to find if ,you happrn to swamp it.
My dad lost my favorite boat when I was a kid. In twenty feet of frest
water.

Casady