Greg O

Default How big a boat can be launched at a boat ramp?

"bowgus" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Well here's the thing ... any size, since at some point, the boat will
(hopefully) float thereby leaving only the trailer weight to deal with. I
have launched where my jeep has been pulled down the ramp brakes locked
tires squeeling all the way. Fortunately, command-trac 4L gets the boat

back
up the ramp at the end of the day. It's the retrieval that could be a
problem ... not the launch ... my opinion.

Sounds familiar!!
I tow with a '93 Chevy Caprice. On one ramp we use, we backing in, the boat
drags the car down to the water, brakes locked. First time it scared the
**** out of me, figured I was gonna get wet for sure! So as the boat hits
the water the car stops. To get out I have to back up until the water is
about 1/2 way up the car's rear tires, then give 'er hell. It is the only
why I can get enough momentum to get up the ramp. Float the boat and take
off! The Chevy has limited slip differential and both tires are smoking all
the way up!
Greg