Almus Kenter

Default epoxy bite to wood

Ron Thornton wrote:
: What is a proper grit to prepare "A" faced ply (birch if it makes a
: difference) for epoxy coating prior to painting.

: Ron

Be careful regarding your choice of paints; I did the above
with epoxy then interlux bright-side (brite-side ??) IT DID NOT DRY.

Call to interlux tech support said that the epoxy posioned the
interlux drying catalyst. The guy's rec was to scrape it all off;
I didn't and it is now 4 months later dry enough to be useable.
(after all, you don't
need a catalyst for a chme reaction if you are willing to wait!)

Note: I did clean off the amine using h2o, detergent and de-waxer.

--

almus kenter
`` Pluralitas est ponenda sine neccesitate''