boatdreams

Default hand rails.....hoiw heigh ?

I'm with you. 30" guardrails don't do it for me either. Of course, the
taller your rail, the more chafe on the foresail and the less effective
the sail trim.
Any wood toprail I can imagine would require structural support between
the stanchions unless you want stanchions 24" on center? Anyway, there
are too many variables to make guesses from long distance. A boatyard
can tell you exactly what you need. Good luck.
Boatdreams.

Jassira wrote:

I have Bruce Roberts 53, steel, sailing boat (http://www.jassira.com) I
would like to fit taller solid hand rails. I think a height in the region
of 36"/42" would suffice, but what about diameter and wall thickness of the
tube. Stainless would great but I would happy with ordinary steel perhaps
with a
timber capping. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated, also do you know
anyone who could make and or fit them south east England.

Thanks