posted to rec.boats.building
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Battery Box

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:56:52 -0500, wrote:

If you ever had flooded batteries in a boat that
got knocked over, you would likely have the same opinion that I have.

Serious sailboat racers and offshore cruisers, yes, AGMs make a lot of
sense. Power boats and casual day sailors, I'm not so sure. If my
trawler or runabout get knocked over I've got a lot more to be
concerned about than a little acid in the bilge. I once got acid in
the bilge of one of my old sailboats (long story) and nothing was
damaged except a transducer cable.