posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default "tent" type dinghy

On Feb 8, 12:37*am, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 03:43:49 -0800 (PST),

wrote:
I am so sick of these "designers" selling boats and plans with illegal
non-flotation configurations.. Just my opinion...

I was under the impression that you could build whatever you want for
your own use.

The USCG regulations for small boats apply equally to home built boats
made for personal use, as for retail sales..

Safety Standards For Backyard Boat Builders - COMDTPUB P16761.3B

If you do a quick google you will find this document handy..