Terry Spragg

Default Making fiberglass not slippery

Brian Nystrom wrote:

John Smith wrote:

I am putting some fiberglass/epoxy on the floor of my shower (okay, it is a
little off topic, but I could have said my boat deck...) and I want to be
sure it is not slippery. I was thinking about sprinkling some sand on it
before it is totally set. Does that make sense, or is there a better way?

Sprinkle salt or sugar on it while it's wet, they hose it off after it dries.
The salt/sugar will dissolve away, leaving a finely textured surface that won't
show sand as it wears. For a coaser texture, use rock salt.

--

If you wash away the salt, there will remain little pits in the
paint which will trap dirt, which will look worse than if you

While Paul Simon sings about "Diamonds on the soles of her shoes"
how many have eyes on the soles of their feet, and who cares what
the deck looks like, so long as it isn't slippery?

--
Terry K - My email address is MY PROPERTY, and is protected by
copyright legislation. Permission to reproduce it is