Larry W4CSC

Default What time of year to purchase a boat

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:17:35 GMT, "Bill Cole"
wrote:

Let's see you asked many questions, let me answer them Yes, Yes, Depends
upon what you want to use the boat for. Yes, Yes. ; )

The waves that sunk the Edmund Fitzgerald would sink many boats. The
difference between the average boat and what is considered a bluewater boat
is the thickness of the hull, the lay-up schedule, the strength of the bulk
heads, the backing plates etc. SeaRays are designed to be fun boats for the
average boater. The smaller ones are nice runabouts, the larger ones are
nice weekenders. I would feel very comfortable using a SeaRay on the Great
Lakes, but I would watch the weather carefully no matter what boat I was on.
If you compare a SeaRay to a 60's Hatteras you will see a world of
difference between the quality of the boats. Most people do not want to pay
for a Hatteras. In runabouts Cobalt is the top of the line boat, and most
people would see a difference in the way a Cobalt is built compared to a
SeaRay, but you will pay approx. double for a Cobalt.

My point is he can buy a USED, sturdy Hatteras for what Sea Bayliner
wants for one of those "lake boats" you can poke your finger through
made of putty. A 40' Sea Bayliner ain't cheap, by any stretch of the
imagination.....

Larry W4CSC

Isn't it becoming more practical by the day to make
Iraq's desert the new World Nuclear Waste Disposal Site?