Keith

Default Just what is "All Stainless"??

I inherited a huge bag of "SS" hose clamps with the boat I purchased. Some
were obviously zinc screws, so I brought out a big magnet and separated all
of them. They fell into three categories:
1. Strong attraction to the magnet
2. Weak but noticeable attraction.
3. No attraction.

Categories 1 & 3 were about 1/4 each of the total bag, category 2 was about
half of them. I gave away all the 1s and 2s.

--

Keith
__
"James" wrote in message

"Steve" wrote in message
I was removing some hose clamps from the hoses to my head. (minor leak).

. Hmm! did Uncle Sam get screwed
also??

Frustrated With rusting hose clamps.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Uncle Sam was most likly who demanded the manufacturers saved an extra
5cents on each clamp.. and as his order was for VAST quantity.. his spec
became the norm